Gentle Iron is a dietary supplement that provides iron in a highly absorbable form.*
Recommended to support:
- Proper Red Blood Cell formation*
- Proper Hemoglobin production*
Gentle Iron provides superior bioavailability
- The form of iron in this vitamin supplement is highly absorbable, and does not induce iron-related digestive distress or free-radical problems.*
- Iron is an essential micronutrient. Essential used in this way means that the body does not produce the nutrient; micronutrient means that the body only requires tiny amounts to function. The most important function of iron in the body is the production of hemoglo- bin and myoglobin (the form of hemoglobin found in muscle tissue) and the oxygenation of red blood cells. Iron is the mineral found in the highest amounts in the blood. It is essential for many enzymes, including catalase which converts the harmful byproduct of metab- olism, Hydrogen Peroxide, into water and oxygen. It also oxidizes toxins in the body such as formaldehyde, alcohols, phenols and formic acid and is important for growth.* Iron is also required for a healthy immune system and for energy production.*
Iron and deficiency
- Various iron deficiency anemia’s are quite common in the population in the United States, especially among child bearing women and adolescents. Iron is absorbed poorly from dietary sources, especial- ly if there are even marginal deficiencies of Vitamin C, B Complex, Vitamins, transfer factors and other nutritional requirements. A deficiency in iron can lead to a serious reduction in energy and per- formance, both during intense short-lived exercise as well as during longer endurance activities.*
Iron utilization and supporting nutrients
- Synergy is a key factor in iron absorption and utilization. Hemoglobin levels are better maintained in the presence of Vitamins C, Folic Acid and Vitamin B12 in the methylcobalamin form. Iron bis-glycinate is an amino acid chelate of high assimilation that has been combined with Vitamin C, Folic Acid and Vitamin B12 to support proper main- tenance of blood hemoglobin levels.*
Serving Size 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C (as Ascorbyl Palmitate) 100 mg
Folate (as [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid from 800 mcg of Quatrefolic® [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt) 400 mcg
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 400 mcg
Iron (as Fe Bis-Glycinate) 30 mg
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice flour, vegetarian leucine.
Warning: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under the age of 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
Warning: If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
Caution: Children under 18 years should not take this product unless recommended by a physician. If G.I. upset, diarrhea or constipation occurs discontinue use and consult your physician. Don’t take product more than 3 months unless directed by a physician.
Suggested use for Adults (18 Years and older): As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with meals. Do not exceed more than 1 capsule daily unless directed by your healthcare practitioner.
OPTIMAL HEALTH PRODUCTS INC. Malverne, NY 11565 • (800) 221-OPTI
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.